Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thoughts about Suckerpunch

- The premise of this movie is awesome. WHY isn't the movie itself awesome? I think Hotty spotted it... not enough of the "real life" storyline. They needed more than just the beginning and the end. I understand what they were trying to do with the whole lobotomy thing, but ... that wasn't the right choice to make.
- Costumes were awesome. It would be a good film to analyze for costume study.


- Lots of symbolism. It would be a good film to study for that, not because the symbols are well done or meaningful, but because a) there are a lot of them and b) there are NO wrong answers.
- I'm glad I saw it with people who wanted to see it, and not anyone I had to convince to go. Because of this, no one judged anyone for wanting to be there.
- I like that Jenna Malone and Abbie Cornish actually look similar enough to be sisters.


- Did they include the fact that Babydoll is 20 so that she's not a minor, thus avoiding an R rating?
- I just... this film has all the ingredients of an awesome experience! (Except a great script, I guess.) WHY was it so crappy?? And not just crappy, people. It was the worst thing a film could ever BE. It was BORING.


- But at least it was pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment