Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Auditions are fun!

So today's been a pretty lackluster day for me. I'm just kind of sitting around at my job, working and not being too excited.

Except for every once in a while. Because every so often, I remember what's happening tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a callback for Into The Woods. Some of you may know that I was in that show my senior year of High School.
Yeah... I was a theatre nerd in High School.
I completely LOVE it, and I've been hoping a theatre around here would put it on for about the last year and a half.

And now one is.

And one of my good theater friends is the Assistant Director.

Are we excited? Pretty sure we are.

Can I tell you about my audition, though? Because I'm not sure what to make of it.

So I was number four. Number two walks in, this cute girl, and I watched her audition through the window. She sings a song from She Loves Me, called Vanilla Ice Cream. She sings this lovely high part at the end, loudly, and I think, Maybe I should have picked a song with a loud high part at the end. And after she's done, my friend, the AD of the show, runs up to her and gives her a huge hug. And I smile, because, aww. They're friends.

So I wait my turn, and I go in the audition room. And my friend doesn't wave. He doesn't smile. He barely even looks at me. And after my audition, no hugs for me.

What gives?

I have some theories on this one:
 - Maybe the director told him not to be so nice to people anymore, after he was so excited to see Vanilla Ice Cream girl.
 - Maybe he didn't want everyone to realize how much he likes me, so when they're casting the show he has a better chance of getting me a good part.
 - Maybe he hadn't seen Vanilla Ice Cream girl in a long time (which only explains how he treated her, not me).
 - Maybe she did way better than me.

Thoughts, friends? Also: validations, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment