Friday, February 19, 2010

Brand Spankin' New!

SO YOU GUYS. Here it is! A theatre blog!! FOR MY VERY OWN!

Do I sound excited about being here?? Well I wouldn't be much of a thespian if I couldn't be dramatic about things, eh?

Here's the deal:
I got this theatre degree, see? From BYU. But what am I doing with it? Well, right now I work full-time at a marketing company... as the receptionist. In the future, I'd like to be a full-time... homemaker. That's right, friends. A big fat nothing. At least, as a money-making venture. It is, however, a heck of a hobby for me.

When my husband, Hotty, started law school, he decided I needed to Do Something Productive. I work during the day, but during the evenings I was kind of bored. As a result, poor Hotty couldn't do much in the way of studying, because he wanted to spend time with me. Hence the need for Productivity. I'm pretty sure that auditioning for the local production of A Christmas Carol wasn't really what he had in mind, though.

During the rehearsal period, the season for this year at the community theater was announced. Turns out there's only one play they're doing this year that even remotely interests me... Fiddler on the Roof. So here I am, playing Avram's Wife in Fiddler. (What's that, you say? You don't know who Avram is? EXACTLY.)

I also do theater makeup; when I got that fancy theater degree, I chose to emphasize in Makeup Design. During A Christmas Carol, I got to do the makeup for Marley's Ghost every night; now, in Fiddler, I do makeup for Tevye's Dream.

SO HERE'S MY GOAL:
What I'd like to do with this blog is fairly simple: It's a blog about theatre and performance. I'd like to talk about my experiences with live theatre, and I also want to talk about theatre in general. I took a fun class at BYU called Contemporary Performance Practices, and I might visit that class from time to time and talk about some of the people/organizations we studied, since a lot of them are current practitioners. Basically, this is a place for me to geek out about something I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment